25 November 2008

wiki book thingy #18

Okay, I sure hope I did that right!! Trying to catch up and figure it all out has me a bit stressed out!! So I'm copying and pasting my booklist post here too just in case.


Hungry Planet What the World Eats by Peter Menzel and Faith D'Aluisio

One of my favourite books, offering up an interesting and beautiful perspective on how people from different parts of the world eat. I've always loved glimpses into how others live and this book offers it up with beautfiul photos of 30 different families from 24 countries. Each family is photographed with their groceries for the week and facts are given about the country and budgets. The differences of course are striking as are the similarities. I love love love this book and their other, Material World!

Stacy...Bruinsgrrl

No comments: