18 November 2008

classroom thing 17

Having a hard time with this one.
I would like to see the library use everything available online to help patrons. Dedicated online classroom computers, a schedule for them possibly?
Someplace for patrons to learn about all the resources available online and know that even though they have no access to a computer they have a place they can count on to access this. Wikiversity even has an online introduction to computers class to get the nervous started.
Wikiversity is a beautiful thing! From the random lessons on the opening page that grab your attention to the list of subjects and grade levels it would have been an amazing tool years ago while I was homeschooling my son. I would have just loved the help with his math lessons! With the ability to customize your courses and ask for online help I can truly appreciate the greatness of the internet.

No comments: