02 October 2008

social butterfly #4

Unfortunately I might be a member of every social networking site out there. No, I kid you, I probably missed one. Now that's not to say I'm active on them all or for that matter even remember that I signed up in the first place. It's starts because every friend/family member is on a different site & wants you to join them. And it will continue until you can corral them all onto one site everyone can manage to use. In my case it was multiply.com which I liked for it's privacy. Not everyone could read your post or see your photos, only those you chose to do so. Nice touch. But then myspace caught their eye. Yes, it's popular and yes, I do like the convenience of almost everyone on the planet being on myspace & you can make it private so for now at least that's where I am. Word of caution here, myspace offers an instant messaging tool which may not be something you want your mother to be made aware of....trust me.


I very recently joined a site called Shelfari.com. Which I love! It's a quick easy way for me to keep track of my book lists. I like to keep lists of what I've read & a growing list of books I want to get around to reading one day. I even joined a book club on the site because they happened to be discussing the book I was currently reading. The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson. The online club was an easy way to chat about the book throughout the day whenever I got the chance. There is a whole community of readers with a love for the books I tend to read so the recommendations are wonderful! The fact that I can actually link this site with myspace so my friends can keep up with my books is an added bonus I enjoy.
Some of the more interesting things I've come across in my searches are the travel sites. Travel planning made so much easier with lists of off the beaten track things to see & do, restaurants, local customs, you name it. My favourites are tripadvisor.com & away.com. There's even the highly interesting site couchsurfing.com!

No comments: