17 October 2008

organizing myself?? #8

I'm hoping I did the calendar right, I know I added holidays but did I share it properly? Never been very good at sharing!
Oh and another thing I'm not so good at is organizing myself. I admit I tried the reminder service on our Outlook mail but boy did it get irritating. Kept popping up telling me things & I found it grating for some reason. I also like to hit snooze buttons which is a problem. A reminder service could be very useful for some, just not my thing this organizing! I do like the Google calendar- new email comes in, check the calendar see if I'm booked that day, respond quickly.
43 things is fun & I had never heard of 1001 day project. So after looking around for a bit I decided to joing 43 things. I'm not sure if I can really keep it up but we'll see. Found out they will let you post it on your site which would make it easier to keep track of. Also has an RSS feed that I now know how to use, thank you Jennifer!
The really cool thing I found is that beyond just setting the usual goals you can keep lists of the books you want to read or join a book challenge. Wanderlust on the site helps you keep track of places you want to go or have been to. There's even something there to keep track of food! I'll be checking it all out for awhile! I'll post the link since I learned how to do that recently too! Nothing too interesting yet but I'm sure my list will grow!
http://www.43things.com/person/bruinsgrrl

1 comment:

Jennifer Koerber said...

You are most welcome. One of the great advantages of the variety of tools out there is that you can choose the one(s) that most fit your life, and then begin to connect them into your own personal organizational network. What do you think of the way you're putting together all of these pieces into a system that works for you?